In compliance with California law, we provide California residents with certain information and access upon request (“Consumer Request”). This Policy outlines how California residents can request the information and what you can receive.
If you would like to submit a Consumer Request, you or your authorized agent can contact us at [email] and [phone]. If you choose to submit a Consumer Request, you must provide us with enough information to identify you and enough specificity on the requested data. Genetic Arts Corporation will only use the information it receives to respond to your request. Genetic Arts Corporation will not be able to disclose information if it cannot verify that the person making the Consumer Request is the person about whom we collected information, or someone authorized to act on such person’s behalf.
“Personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. “Personal information” does not include publicly available information.
Request to Access. You may submit a Consumer Request to obtain a copy of or access to the personal information that Genetic Arts Corporation has collected on you.
Request to Correct Inaccurate Personal Information. You may submit a Consumer Request to correct inaccurate personal information. Genetic Arts Corporation will use commercially reasonable efforts to comply with such request and correct inaccurate personal information.
Request to Know. You may submit a Consumer Request to receive information about Genetic Arts Corporation’s data collection practices. You may request information on the categories of personal information (as defined by California law) Genetic Arts Corporation has collected about you; the categories of data collection sources; Genetic Arts Corporation’s business or commercial purpose for collecting, using, or selling that personal information; the categories of personal information that Genetic Arts Corporation has sold or shared; the categories of third parties with whom Genetic Arts Corporation shares personal information, if any; and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Please note that the categories of personal information and sources will not exceed what is contained in this Policy. Additionally, Genetic Arts Corporation is not required to retain any information about you if it is only used for a one-time transaction and would not be maintained in the ordinary course of business. Genetic Arts Corporation is also not required to reidentify personal information if it is not stored in that manner already, nor is it required to provide the personal information to you more than twice in a twelve-month period.
If you would like to know if Genetic Arts Corporation has disclosed information about you to specific third parties, you may also email: email@example.com to receive information about the categories of information that we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may receive the names and addresses of those third parties, and you may request this information for the year prior to your request. Note that these particular requests may only be made once per calendar year. Additionally, please be aware that only sharing activities covered by California law will be included in our response to your request.
Request to Delete. You may request that Genetic Arts Corporation delete your personal information. Subject to certain exceptions set out below we will, on receipt of a verifiable Consumer Request, delete your personal information from our records and direct any service providers to do the same. We will also notify all third parties with whom Genetic Arts Corporation has shared your personal information of your request to delete your personal information.
Please note that we may not delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected;
- provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive activity, and take all necessary and appropriate steps to mitigate current and future risk;
- debug and repair internal information technology as necessary;
- undertake internal research for technological development and demonstration;
- exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Genetic Arts Corporation may not, and will not, treat you differently because of your Consumer Request or Opt-Out activity. Genetic Arts Corporation may not and will not deny goods or services to you; charge different rates for goods or services; provide a different level quality of goods or services; or suggest any of the preceding will occur. However, we can and may charge you a different rate, or provide a different level of quality, if the difference is reasonably related to the value provided by your personal information. Further, some Service functionality and features may change or become unavailable upon deletion or restriction on use of your personal information.